For external use only.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if your symptoms persist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo can have side effects, but not everyone gets them.
Stop the treatment and contact your doctor immediately if you experience:
- Allergic reactions which may be severe such as raised and itchy skin rash (hives), swelling of the face or mouth or difficulty breathing.
Some of the below effects can also be symptoms of the condition you are treating. However, if you experience any of these effects for the first time after starting use, or if these effects worsen, stop using Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo and speak to your doctor or pharmacist:
- eye irritation
- unusual hair loss or thinning
- eczema (itchy skin rash)
- hair colour changes
- abnormal hair texture
- sensitivity to sunlight
- skin irritation, skin may be dry, red or itchy, you may feel a burning sensation of the skin
- skin pain, rash or swelling at the application site.
If you do get any side effects, even those not mentioned above, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to coal tar or any of the other ingredients (listed on the side if this carton).
- to treat infected, open or damaged skin.
- to treat sore or acute pustular psoriasis (skin redness covered by pus filled blisters).
Take special care with Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo:
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if your symptoms persist.
- Use with caution in children under 12 and only on advice from a doctor or pharmacist.
- Stop using the shampoo if your scalp becomes irritated.
- Do not get it in your eyes. If necessary, rinse out with warm water.
- Can stain skin and clothes and in rare instances has caused temporary changes to hair colour. Skin stains will wear off after treatment is stopped.
- May cause sensitivity to sunlight. Avoid using sunlamps and spending a long time in the sun during use.
- If you accidentally swallow any shampoo, contact your doctor immediately.
Pregnancy and breast feeding
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Alphosyl 2 in 1 Shampoo if you are pregnant, thinking of becoming pregnant or are breast feeding. If you do breast-feed, ensure you wash-off all traces of shampoo.
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
If you are unsure about your health condition always speak to a medical professional. All content on this website is for information purposes only and should not be taken as professional medical advice. Always read the label prior to using any product.